How to enable SSH on vROPS?
Today we will discuss about how to enable SSH on vROPS 6.5.
Previous post on vROps,
- How to deploy vRealize Operations Manager 6.5
- How to Configure vRealize Operations Manager 6.5 Appliance
- How to assign license to vROps 6.5
- How to add vCenter Adapter to vROPS
- How to add SSO authentication in vROPS 6.5
- How to add Local User in vROPS
For enabling SSH, Log in to the vRealize Operations Manager virtual machine console as root using ALT-F1.
First time I am accessing my vROps through console, I am setting my root password.
Note: By default there is no root password configured.
Once you logged in to vROps, type ” service sshd start ” for starting SSH service.
Type ” chkconfig sshd on ” for configure SSH to start automatically.
Now you can access vROps appliance through SSH, I just logged in with PuTTY.
For more information VMware KB2100515
We will discuss more on vRealize Operations Manager in upcoming posts.
I hope you enjoyed reading this post. Feel free to share this to others if it is worth sharing!!!