Add checkpoint with a Tag in Zerto
Today a small topic, How to add a custom checkpoint with a tag in Zerto.
Previous posts on Zerto,
- Disaster Recovery with Zerto
- Install Zerto ZVM 5.0 for vSphere Environment
- Install Zerto Virtual Replication Appliance VRA on VMware ESXi
- Configure Zerto Virtual Protection Groups VPG
- Create new Repository for Zerto Backup
- How to Perform a Test FAILOVER with Zerto on VMware Environment
- How to Perform a FAILOVER/MOVE with Zerto
- How to Perform a FAILOVER with Zerto
We discussed earlier, Zerto creating checkpoints automatically, but if you want to create a custom check point with an identification tag, we can do that.
In the ZVM web client, click on “ACTIONS”
Select ADD CHECKPOINT option.
Once the Add Checkpoint window opens,
Enter a name for the check point: I am giving as “Checkpoint Test”
Select your VPG.
Click on save button.
While performing a restoration we can select this custom restoration point.
Use case: In a production environment you can create a custom tag before performing any change, if something goes wrong, we can easily identify the custom tag and Failover the protected VMs.
We will discuss more on Zerto in upcoming posts.
I hope you enjoyed reading this post. Feel free to share this to others if it is worth sharing!!!